In honor of this special, engaged holiday season, I wanted to count a few things I am excited about and thankful for. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year have felt extra special, and per usual, I feel the need to get extra gushy and tell you all about.
1. Being welcomed into Heather’s family. I’ve got a stocking, y’all, it’s official!
2. Watching Heather with her family, they know her better than anyone. I haven’t heard her laugh that hard in a long time.
3. Making new traditions. Double decker pizza + homemade key lime pie on Christmas eve eve.
Eating at Reba and Poncho’s in PA with my family every Thanksgiving. Why does repetition make us feel so at home?
4. Florida fruit! Avocados, lemons and limes galore! And I picked my first grapefruit.
5. Watching Louisa open presents for the first time (in PA). This one can only get better with time.
6. Reading and drinking coffee while listening to the water. I wish I could do that every morning!
7. For the past few holidays, Mozey was either with friends or with me in Tennessee while Heather was in Florida. The gang is all here in 2015.
8. Getting to celebrate both holidays together this year!
9. Heather’s mom decorates her home to the GILLS. I have never seen such a thing, and I love it.
(Heather’s nephew made these!!)
10. Exploring new places together, including St. Pete, St. Augustine and Savannah.
11. The endless entertainment I get from retirement communities – these are my people!
12. Water! Never have I celebrated Christmas by the beach, let alone with a tan.
13. My family. I talked to my mom on the phone before they boarded their flight to Paris and my mom got a little teary. When I hung up, Heather said, “That’s a good mom.”
I hope you ALL have a beautiful holiday, no matter what you celebrate.