Happy Friday to you all! I hope, wherever you are, that you are blessed with some gorgeous fall weather.
Here’s a look at my 5 favorite things from the week:
1. Each time the weather changes I am faced with a new footwear dilemma. As I have mentioned, I have old-lady feet. Each time I think I can get away with wearing cute, totally flat shoes I spend the next three days limping around and cursing myself. I recently purchased these puppies and I hope they help me be semi-cute and comfy at the same time. Wish me luck!
2. Hikes in the Fall are the best!! The colors of the leaves against the blue sky are so stunning. This is a snap from Mt. Pisgah a few days ago.
3. I can’t stop making recipes out of this cookbook. Angela writes that she won’t publish a recipe that is not meat-lover approved. I think that is a pretty good measure of how hearty and delicious her meals are! I am not vegan myself, but I like eating and cooking that way fairly often. Her blog is chock full of gorgeous photos, too, check her out!
4. Speaking of cooking, I followed this recipe to make “healthy” pumpkin muffins and they were perfect! I omitted the oatmeal and added chocolate chips instead.
5. Hurray for the Riff Raff played at my favorite Asheville music spot last night, The Grey Eagle. She is so good.
We first saw her at Bristol Rhythm and Roots last year and fell in love.
She has a great story, which adds to her allure. Give her a listen.
Hope you had a lovely week!