How are all you fine people today?
I like the idea of recapping my week with the Five on Friday and I thought I would give mine a theme today. Errbody loves a theme, right?
Recently, I keep feeling this nostalgia for how summer felt as a kid. That innocent feeling that comes with the lack of responsibility kids have during summer break is something I yearn for on a regular basis. There are some major uncertainties in my life right now surrounding core pieces and I find myself constantly shifting between two mental spaces:
HOW CAN I PLAN THIS TO WORK OUT EXACTLY HOW I WANT
Let go and let it happen.
And yes, the first thought process is definitely capitalized. The “let it ride” wave is a much more relaxed thought process, and wavering between the two is a constant.
Due to all this craziness I have been making a very concerted effort to try to stay in the present and not take little moments for granted. So this week I am going to count five things I am GRATEFUL for:
1. Little Adventures: I am SO grateful to have a partner to take this journey with and to ride this wild wave of life with me. When the possibilities are literally endless life feels more free.
2. Coffee, DUH! With the breakneck pace I feel I have been maintaining for the last few weeks, coffee has been playing a leading role in my life. I have morphed from a one cup a day person to three or four cups a day. Oops!
3. The way Mozey has started to chase her tail. I can’t believe this is a new thing but at 1.5 years young, she is still a puppy.
4. Sunflowers! It is the time for sunflowers to bloom and each time I come around the corner walking the dog or driving my neighborhood, and see those lanky stalks it brings a smile to my face.
5. Watermelon. Watermelon. Watermelon.
I get great joy from hacking apart a massive juicy melon and eating half of it in one sitting. Eating watermelon is like eating and drinking water at the time time so I’m killing two birds with one stone.
What are you grateful for today?